Melissa's Jpop Report

Giving you the hook up on all things jpop related!

Sunday, August 06, 2006

Any day now...

Well, it doesn't feel like it, but I'll be on my way out of here in less than 2 weeks. So how do I feel? Sad. I've been wanting to go home for like...ever, but I'm really going to miss the people here that I've gotten to know. I've never really had the experience of living so closely with other people and forming friendships. I was homeschooled until 9th grade, and, in high school, I was so shy it took me till my senior year before I even started saying hi to people in the halls. Even one of my high school friends is suprised when I'm actually speaking to her during our conversations. It's been so much fun, and being the only American/native English speaker was such a gift. I'm going to miss this international community here. Hanging out in Yokohama with your Japanese friends, chilling after class with your Korean friends, eating lunch with your Eygptian and Spanish friends, or bumping into your Indonesian friend on the way to buy a soda. It's an experience that everybody should envy. These are some of the best people I've met in my life.

This weekend I went on the trip with the English club(sorry, made a mistake with the dates. It was August 4-6). It's so great to know how much I connected with them. I'm one of them now, and that's a great feeling to know. On the Sunday night, we had a small party which turned out to be a good bye party for me. They called me up front and presented some gifts to me. I started crying. T_T It was kind of bad because it made all the girls and some of the boys start crying, too. XD And after the gift presentation, everybody gave a speech to me, so that just made me cry even more which made them cry even more.

It's almost frightening to think how close these people are to me. Like I said, I've never had the experience of feeling so close to people outside my famiily. It's kind of scary cause you don't know if they could hurt you. If they did, you don't know how you'd feel about it. Or maybe it's because I haven't slepped properly for an entire week, and I'm getting weird. X_x And also maybe it's because there are so many of them that I hope to keep in contact with. o_0 The English club is like maybe 20\30 people, the peeps in the dorms are maybe the same number or more, and then you have the random friend I have from here and there. In total...maybe...close to 100 people? o_0 I'm going to take a nap now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home