Melissa's Jpop Report

Giving you the hook up on all things jpop related!

Thursday, July 20, 2006

2 down, 1 more to go

Well, I'm already in exam period, and this blessed year is finally coming to a close. My last exam is next week Monday then I'll be completely finished with this school.
Darn, I'm realizing I should have just skipped the ESS trip and come home like I wanted. The place we're going only has onsen because the showers are broken. (why bother fix the showers? We can all just bath together!) I will never understand a culture who's people have no problem getting naked in front of people they've never met in their lives, but freeze in fear when having to speak English with a foreigner...or just being around a foreigner. The suggestion of my friends was to go at an early or late time, but the onsen opens at 6am and closes at 10pm. I was hoping for a random time like let's say...3:14 in the morning. Whatever. I'm sure I'll figure something out. There's a river near there I think. Maybe I'll just go jump in it with all my clothes on then go change.

Speaking of rivers, I went to Chiba prefecture this past weekend with some friends. It was 2 of the girls I met when I went to Ueno Zoo with Sonnya and her huge group of friends. We stayed at their friend's house who lives in Choushi(sp?). It's like the furtherest east you can go in Chiba, so it's right by the sea. Where the house was is right by a river which I think is the longest (or widest) river in Japan. It was fun, but they did try to get me to go to the onsen. (do I need to even bother say, they didn't get me in?). The food was delicious, Mikiko's mom (the girl who's house I stayed in) is a great cook! I even ate fish and enjoyed it. (I hate fish)

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home