Melissa's Jpop Report

Giving you the hook up on all things jpop related!

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

annyahaseyo!

Well, I just got out of my first Korean class. She let us out like 50 minutes early, so I'm killing time in the computer room till my next class starts. It seems like it will be a lot of fun, though, I hope we don't get any group projects (unless my partners are chosen by the teacher). I got to class right before the bell, so all the seats in the back were taken up, (yeah, I'm not a good student. My first impulse is to sit in the back) so I sat up front. The teacher came in a little after the bell and asked everyone to move up front (they were basically all in the back). When everyone stopped moving...all the seats around me were still empty, lol! Not like I'm suprised, though. I've read Azreal's editorial on the "Gaijin Perimeter", so I'm well aware of how shy the Japanese can be. Here at Takushoku for some ridiculous reason the foreign students and Japanese students have separate classes, so, even though foreigners are at their school, the Japanese students never get to meet them. Kind of dumb if you ask me.

Anyway, we didn't do much today since no one had textbooks yet. Our teacher is Korean and seems pretty young. I think today was her first time teaching here. I understood basically everything she said (I think o_0), so I'm hoping that means I'll be able to follow along in class. We spent the time doing self introductions (in Japanese). I just said my name, that I was an exchange student, and came from the US. Seems like it should be fun. This is my first time in an acedemic class with Japanese. I'm determined to not be shy (or anti-social whichever comes first).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home