Melissa's Jpop Report

Giving you the hook up on all things jpop related!

Sunday, April 09, 2006

basketball yaritai...

eh, this is killing me. I've been craving a game of b-ball all spring break. I can't wait for my first basketball class. Shame it doesn't start till Thursday. Thursday...gah! >_< That's why I was kind of excited when I thought school was starting on Monday. My sports class is fourth period.

I'm going to try my best to not stink as much as last semester. I considered myself a pretty weak player(for a girl, I'd probably be considered "awesome", but I never weigh my physical abilities on that scale). In my Thursday class, where I usually ended up playing in all 4 games since we usually only had 5 people, I noticed a pattern that, when I played hard, we won. When I didn't really play hard, we lost which means I was a weak link. >_< (note: I didn't say weakest) I basically have never developed dribbling skills because I don't play basketball often enough. I usually just pass the ball whenever I get it. That doesn't make you a very useful player if you never do anything with the ball. I need to seriously work on my dribbling because I think I'd be a pretty unstoppable force if I was able to drive the ball down the court. I actually had one glorious moment last semester where I got the rebound, raced all the way down to the other end of the court, and made a lay up....unfortunately nothing like that has ever happened again. It felt good, though. ^__^

I think a big part is fear and shyness. Fear of losing the ball, and therefore letting my team down because that could possibly result in the other team scoring, and shyness of having the ball because everyone who's watching would focus on me. But, it is a sports "class" which means "learning" is the word of the day. *sigh* Thursday....>_< That's too long to wait.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home