Melissa's Jpop Report

Giving you the hook up on all things jpop related!

Saturday, March 18, 2006

Trip to Nikko (ancient Japanese shrines galore!)

Got a call from my tutor asking if I wanted to go to Nikko with one of the professors at the school. Why not? Don't remember what prefecture it was in, but it's in the Kanto region. ^__^ One of my friends, Sonnya, came along, too. There was a bit of a problem that the two of us weren't dressed appropriately for the cold, mountain weather (we didn't know we were going somewhere cold >_<), but other than that it was lots of fun. I never dress properly for the cold anyway, so I'm use to freezing. (thank goodness for sunlight) http://umbc.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2008353&l=fd336&amp;amp;amp;amp;id=15203096

It was a pretty long drive. 4 hours I'd say. We stopped at a rest stop on the way back and bought some dinner in a bakery there. I ate a pastry filled with Yakisoba (oishii!) and...curry bread. That was one of the most delicious things I've ever had. I've heard about it from animes and manga, but I always thought it was called that because the dough was flavored with curry, lol! There's curry inside the bread. It was soooo good.

And in other news, Japan vs. S.Korea today in baseball. Tensions are definitely high. o_o So far, score is 0 to 4 with Japan in the lead. How will this game turn out? ...I just can't believe I'm watching a baseball game with interest. (wa! Japan just scored again. 0 to 5. o_o)

1 Comments:

  • At Fri Mar 24, 10:47:00 AM , Blogger Cyndiva said...

    Melissa,
    Your pictures are beautiful! I love waterfalls. I'm glad you are having a blast. Eventough I know nothing about the places and groups that you talk about. Reading your blog makes me want to know them.

    Cyn

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home