Melissa's Jpop Report

Giving you the hook up on all things jpop related!

Friday, March 10, 2006

I feel pain >_<

I think I hurt my ankle. I was dancing in the music room a few hours ago, and I tried doing something like a double...jack..thingy...or whatever that move is called. Anyway, I crouch down then jump back kicking both my feet into the air and catch myself with my hands. I don't even know if it's a move, but I thought it might be interesting. Either way I landed kind of hard on my hands, so I just let my feet drop. I didn't land in a good way on my right foot, and I felt a little twinge. It doesn't hurt at all, and there's not really any pain if I walk. Last year, I hurt my left ankle doing the move the "regular way", and my ankle still hurts (or at least, doesn't feel normal). It probably serves me right, though, because I didn't stay off it.

So now I have my right ankle wrapped up and plan to stay off it for the weekend. The annoying thing is I have to return this silly video, so I'm going to have to walk out to the store. So much for staying off my feet. (which actually I've already done because I noticed I hard like 25 minutes til curfew. On the way, I think I may have realized my left ankle is in worse shape than my right. o_0 Not much of a surprise)

Speaking of the music room, I've been down there a lot lately practicing with my saxophone. I wrote out the melody for "Just The Way You Look Tonight" by Michael Buble, and I recently I transcribed the melody for one of Tomiko Van's new songs, "Hold Me". That would be the Tomiko of recently broken up Do As Infinity. Looks like she's planning to take a very different musical route with her solo career than she did with DAI. So far, all of her songs (3) have been very jazzy. I wasn't too excited at first because I'm not much for listening to Jazz (I tend to like playing it more than listening to it), but now that I know I can play her songs on my saxophone....^_____________^ Bring on the Jazz! After a week or so of practice, I'm planning to make a recording and post it on daiforum.

p.s. Koda Kumi's D.D.D featuring Soulhead is an awesome dance song!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home