Melissa's Jpop Report

Giving you the hook up on all things jpop related!

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

weeee!

I got both of Kimura Kaela's albums this week, so I'm very happy. I love how Japan allows video stores to rent out cds, so I didn't even have to buy them. It was great fun riding my bike all over the place last night searching for her first album. I ended up getting a bunch of extra music in the process. We're going on a trip this Friday, so I wanted some new music to listen to on the bus ride. It's the same trip like last year when we went to Gunma and Niigata Prefecture. We're going somewhere else this time, though. Someone said it's like serious country. Perhaps a type of place where they haven't even seen foreigners before. yay....

Yeah, so it will be great fun waking up at 5 in the morning and having to make it to Shinjuku station, where the bus is taking off from, by like 8am. That's like an hour away from here by the way. At least, we don't have to walk through the bitter cold like last year. The sun has been starting to rise at like 4 in the morning, too, so it might end up being an enjoyable little stroll. I still haven't started packing yet. Well, at least, I did my laundry.

Ah, I can't wait to come back to the United States. So many reasons, but the number one is I want to start taking music lessons. I'm going to start a band that covers Japanese music. I found out that in bookstores you can buy band scores! I already have Kaela's "Circle" band score. I saw a bunch for Do As Infinity. Probably when summer break starts I'll go around buying all the books up that I want. I wish I had known about them during spring break. The only reason I chose a guitar over getting a bass was because I did't have any music to practice with. O, well.

You know, I've been thinking lately of adding music to my studies at school. I'll be switching to a new school when I get back so I can major in Japanese. I think that place is actually pretty well know for it's music program. Sometimes, I feel like my sister and I switched places. She started out with music and ended up with engineering. I started in engineering and ended up in the arts/humanties.

2 Comments:

  • At Fri Jun 02, 08:00:00 AM , Blogger Mariposa said...

    Hey babe, neither of us have ended up anywhere, it's only just begun. I can't wait till you come back either.

    Why didn't you email before about the youtube? Did you get my comments on it. I put a link for it in my blogspot -- along with your pic hehe. Dad's in NY for Max's christening, can't wait to show it to him.

    I wish you'd play the guitar and the bass. :) What do ya say?

     
  • At Sat Jun 03, 10:37:00 AM , Blogger Mariposa said...

    Okay, well, someone needs to play the bass even if you don't. Does Renee?

    I love the bass (almost as much as I love the sax -- hint hint).

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home