Melissa's Jpop Report

Giving you the hook up on all things jpop related!

Friday, October 21, 2005

Rini, you need to come to my school! The dance club is awesome!

I went to the cultural festival around 12 today. I got it wrong. Thursday was set up day; today was when everything started. I tried food from the places where my friends were (Latin America-tacos, Indonesia-fried soba, Arabia-something fried with egg and potatos in it). O, good gosh, while I was at the Indonesian stand, I got caught by some woman who must have been from the school newspaper or something(I dunno who she was, but there was a guy with a camer with her). She asked if she could take my picture and ask me some questions. I don't even want to see the transcript for that "interview". I had trouble understanding one question which I think she was asking what I was doing at the school. There were the "how is Japan? Where you surprised when you came here?" questions. Then it was finally over and they took my picture. And I probably looked like a moron (and no, i didn't give the peace sign. that incescent peace sign, lol) After that, I ate some food from my Egyptian friend's stand (it wasn't the food he made. they weren't serving that yet), then hung out at the Latin American stand with my friend, Yumi, until she got her break. (she's actually latin American from Peru, but her grandfather was Japanese. That's why her name is Yumi). Cheima (the spanish guy) had shown up by then, so the three of us got some food and ate it by the performance area. We got to watch two of our Korean friends perform several songs (one on alto sax, the other voice). They were both very good, but the third person didn't show up (she's my friend). Someone said her voice was swollen. Me and Yumi were so sad because on Wednesday we got her to sing a little bit for us. Her voice sounded REALLY good, and I was excited to hear her perform. ah, well T_T Yumi had to run back to work at the stand after the performance, so me and Cheima hung out a bit and talked about how much he, and everyone in Spain, hate Enricei Iglesias (they were playing music on loud speakers...and I know I probably butchered his name, but i'm too lazy to look it up). When we were leaving the performance area, I bumped into two of the girls I had met when I was in dance club. I introduced Chema to them (they were quite happy i remembered their names ^_^V), and when he said "yoroshiku" they were like "Huh...I love you?", haha! I caught him when he was finishing off a cookie, so he was mumbling with his hand in front of his mouth. They told me they'd be performing later today with the dance club and I should come. I told them I would, and I did. Chema came, too. It was lots of fun, and I have a lot of videos. The people in that club are awesome dancers. The Jazz dancers http://s12.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2EEWGI5HXK5SQ06E1487C1CHD2

http://s12.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1MS0OY0YAK3M83NM166LG63RO9

These are the two girls I met earlier in the day who told me to come. I met all four of them the first day I went to dance club. I missed what exactly the name of their group was. Since their names are Mari, Mariko, Marin (yeah, a lot of Mari's. We had a good laugh about then when they first introduced themselves to me), and the fourth girl's name ends with "ko", so I'm calling them
"Marinko"
(I know this song they danced to. I love it so much. BennieK (sp?) is the group it's from I believe)
http://s12.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=25KROYVJHNOQC1Q9CGE97482AL

http://s12.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0ITS69J7PB1HV2TBMXCD0XGBUJ

Break
http://s12.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3ATGTYU0F9GG816VJEXLNO4D4T

Cool dance
http://s12.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2UQCAELY047LZ0SWRZ9OF88CL4

I want to post more videos, but yousendit is being annoying right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home