Melissa's Jpop Report

Giving you the hook up on all things jpop related!

Sunday, October 16, 2005

Just got in...

*waves* Hi Barbara! Hi Crystal! haha, I guess you guys know when my birthday is now, huh? Thanks for the message! And thanks so much to you both for helping to get this stuff straightened out with Avery. o_0

Well, today was a pretty full day. This morning I went to church. It was a lot of fun. The people there are very nice, and it's not that far from where I am. I'll probably be going back next week. There's quite a language barrier, though, because the sermon is in Japanese, lol! But today someone was translating for me. Quite a few of the people there speak english very well, or, at least, can say a little bit. Doesn't matter, though, because I'm suppose to be learning Japanese. They gave presents to the guests which turned out to be the new testament in Japanese. It's so cool, lol! I was looking through it when I got back to my dorm. Praying in Japanese during the service was very interesting, too.

O, and so after church, I figured I'd mosey on down to Kanagawa prefecture and stop by the Green Hall to see Goto Maki in concert! yay! I found awesome tickets at a ticket shop in Shinjuku. It was pretty expensive (ok, it was 14,800 yen), but I didn't work those countless hours of over time for nothing! And besides, just getting my hair relaxed in Roppongi was almost 10, 000 yen which luckily was a birthday present from my mom. *waves* ( ^_^) / If I can spend that much on my hair, I can definitely spend it on a concert I'll never get the chance to go to again after I get back to the US. And I was in the 10th row! It was so much fun. I'm going again! Yes! I'm going down to one of those tickets shops, getting another ticket, and going! Because it was just that awesome! And I'm going to make sure she notices me this time! I think I'll bring a sign that says "America loves you Maki" or something along those lines. Anything that will get her to stop and stare for a few seconds, lol! (I'll of course put it in Japanese).

Ok, I've got class, so I'm off to bed now. I leave you with a picture of my ticket and the goods that I bought at the concert (a fan and wristband). The writing on the wrist band says "hatachi" which means 20 years old. Maki turned 20 last month (hey, she can drink now...legally, haha, kidding), so it's the theme of her tour this fall it seems.


^_^V

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home