Melissa's Jpop Report

Giving you the hook up on all things jpop related!

Sunday, October 09, 2005

Now that's what I call a birthday! w00t!

Train tickets to Yokohama and back...1580 yen
Ticket to H!P event...1800 yen
Getting to see Morning Musume, Biyuuden, Abe Natsumi, Nakazawa Yuuko, Iida Kaori, Yaguchi Mari, Ayaka, Yasuda Kei, and almost all of the rest of H!P in person from 50 feet away...AWESOME!

I just had the best birthday ever! Ok, so after I made that other post Saturday night, I went to jpop.com's forum and noticed a thread. It was about Bunkasai 2005 which is basically an event going on in Yokohama where H!P promotes awareness of the environment and stuff. I thought I might not have a chance to get in, but I got up early Sunday morning and went anyway. Getting the tickets were easy (I just bought at the train station outside the event), and getting a ticket to the main stage event was pretty easy, too. I just stood in a "very" long line and waited till I got up front and was handed a little yellow paper letting me into the performance at 3.

It was so much fun. It was like an anime convention except...it wasn't anime. It was H!P! yay! Except I couldn't find any merch to buy; I guess it wasn't there. But anyway, the performance was great because I basically got to see EVERYBODY in H!P; that is like 50 something people by the way! It started off with a skit featuring Morning Musume (and H!P kids as extras who just walked across the stage) where I'm guessing they were showing the importance of environmental conservation...I don't know. o_0 Then there was a game show type thing next where MM and other H!P members competed in (kaori's team won. yay!). Last, the magician who appeared on their show did some magic tricks (which unfortunately, I had seen every single one from the show). There was no singing except for one song Morning Musume did to promote the whole "save the planet" idea, but that's just fine with me! I just wanted to see them. The goddess herself wasn't there(aka. Goto Maki!), but I'm still planning to go ticket shopping. I'm so glad I got to this event because now I can be content no matter the outcome of concert going this semester. I've at least seen just about everybody. ^^V

O, and I'm probably not going to see DAI's final concert. The tickets went on sale at 10 am this morning, but the two online places I tried to buy it from are sold out. Those tickets must have sold out in like 5 minutes because I was online from 10:01. o_0 But I decided yesterday at the H!P event I didn't want to go.

Yesterday, you were allowed to stand at a distance and watch the performances before you went in (so even if you didn't get a ticket you could still see it. You just couldn't get closer). I was standing kind of far away, but it wasn't "that" far away. I couldn't even make out their faces; I had to watch the giant tv screen to see who was who. (luckily, when they opened the gates, I got in really close and could see them). Nippon Budokan is a HUGE place. I most likely will be very far away from the stage; I don't feel like wasting money, time, and energy for Ryo and Tomiko to be a dot on the stage. Not when I've been at a concert where they were 20 feet away from me. I don't think I will even buy tickets if I see them in a ticket shop. If they are good seats, I'm sure they'll be like 200 hundred dollars. (Well, I might, but I'm going to try waiting till litterally the last minute when they'll probably drop the prices. )

Now that I think about it, Tomiko can't hold her emotions in to save her life. She's going to be crying the whole time; I just know it (there's already lots of footage of her crying on stage for various reasons). I think I will just be mature and not go at all. I have the wonderful memories of seeing them in Dallas, Texas. I'm sure there are probably a lot of Japanese fans who have been fans for years that would be green with envy if I told them about my experience being a DAI fan. I think I got it all wrong. I'm not lucky that I came to Japan just when they were breaking up; I'm lucky because I came in time to see their new beginning. I'll save my money and energy for Ryo's new band and Tomiko's solo gig.

1 Comments:

  • At Mon Oct 10, 11:21:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Melissa-

    Hope you had a great birthday - it sounds like from your entry. We miss you here. Crystal says hi!

    Barbara Murphy

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home