Melissa's Jpop Report

Giving you the hook up on all things jpop related!

Saturday, June 17, 2006

America better not lose today!

Cause I just spent 20 something bucks buying soda, chips, and beer for this soccer party tonight. All of which I had to haul all the way to the dorms from Don Quiote. Thank goodness it didn't rain for real cause it was tinkling the whole way back. I have no idea who's actually coming. I've got one certain and like 10 or 12 maybes/haven't answered back yets. We're either going to have way too much food or not enough (unless somebody else is bringing something, too).

I bought Tokyo Jihen's first album's band score today. I consider it a pretty awesome find. I'd be very surprised, and impressed, if a Japanese music cover band did a cover of Tokyo Jihen, so I'm really happy to have it. I really love the bass line for the songs, too. ^^ I also got the band score book for Mika Nakashima's single (written by Hyde),"Glamorous Sky". She usually does ballad type songs (I kind of wish she'd come to the states cause I'd like to take my sister to one of her concerts. I think she'd like her. ^^V), but the song was for the movie "Nana" which she was starring in. The musically theme was rock, so her usual style wouldn't have suited it. She makes a pretty darn cool rocker chick if you ask me. ^^V I'm annoyed that "My Medicine" was the only other song included in the book (though, I love the song a lot). I can do without "Blood", but I really really wanted "Isolation"'s music. O, well, maybe I can find it.


Live of Glamorous Sky (with Hyde on guitar) It really does sound like a song Hyde would sing. Not surprised he wrote it.



Some of her own songs

Yuki no Hana (very well known in Japan)


Cry No More

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home