Melissa's Jpop Report

Giving you the hook up on all things jpop related!

Sunday, September 18, 2005

Me want Internet in room...now!

(if you see a duplicate post after this one, just ignore it) The walk from my dorm to the IC (internet cafe) is getting more and more annoying. Plus, I probably should be dropping a couple hundred yen everyday for an hour of internet. >_<>I'm just some other place in the world (which I am). If anything, I:m (aaaah!) I'M more comfortable here then in America. And people watching is more fun. The styles of the Japanese youth are very interesting (I haven't been outside the area where my school is yet besides the train ride from Narita). I was laughing to myself on the first day of school. It almost seems like everybody is like "omg! I'm in college! No more uniforms! *goes crazy with clothes*". It's fun.

So far I've gotten to know a few people (mostly rugakusei). There's
Mr and Mrs. Yokoyama - They're basically the mom and dad of the dorm, hehe, and I guess the caretakers. Having them there makes it just like a home stay because they always talk to me when I come downstairs. They're both so nice. I love em. ^^ It's great cuz I get to call out "itte kimasu (i'm going out)" and "tadaima (i'm back)" whenever I'm coming and going. Always wanted to do that. ^^v

Yukari san - On Wednesday, she took us to do our Alien registration stuff and shop. She speaks Spanish (I think she just came back from a year in spain) and hates beans and dodge ball (What? You mean, you don't like getting hit in the face with rubber balls?). She's cool, and I hope to get to see her again. ^^

Risa san- Only met her once so far, but she is my tutor (and speaks some english). She replied to my email, and we're having lunch on Tuesday. yay! ^^ I felt bad after I first met her because, when she was introducing herself, I didn't stand. Or say "yoroshiku onegaishimasu". I was mentally kicking myself all day for that, but we all make mistakes >_<(just chalk it up to the baka gaijin syndrome and move on, hehe).

Reita - Ya'll already know him. ^-^

Ichinensei (first year students. i'm one btw)
Riida (no idea how to spell his name)- He's from Eygpt and is very nice (everyone is). It's seems like his Japanese is really good since it looks like he understands everyone a majority of the time. His english is good, too, so I can speak to him in english if I don't know how to say it in Japanese.

Cheima (sp?) - He's from Spain. He's cool (but he smokes to much o_0 *gasp*). He speaks english, too, and his level of Japanese is probably around mine. He has this awesome shirt with a UFO on the front and the words "Give us Elvis back" printed on it. I love it!

Xiao rei - A girl from china who's my age. She's pretty cool and funny. We hang out in each other's room a lot. Her english is pretty good ,even though, sometimes she can't understand what the 3 of us are saying if we speak in english.

Other rugakusei
Cho Ki - She is a TALL! Chinese girl I met on Wednesday. When I say tall, I mean "my head is around her shoulders!" tall. When we were out to lunch with the faculty of the international office I said I liked basketball. The...er...head person in the office said there were two girls that were in the basketball club he'd introduce me to. Later when we were back in the office, he walked in with the two girls. I was so surprised I made a very audible noise when I saw her. (The main reason for my surprise was because I thought she was Japanese at the time.) I met her again today in the stairwell of the dorms, and she said the next time she goes to play ball she'll come get me (yay!). I know I'm going to get my fanny handed to me, but it should be fun. She speaks some english, too. She promised to teach me basketball if I teach her english. (I told her Ive never been on a team before, and I'm not that good)

A Chinese boy who's name I can't remember - Met him on Wednesday when we went shopping at the 100 yen shop (aka. japanese dollar store. it's AWESOME!) He's nice and asked me if I could help him with his english (i need to start charging these people, haha).

And that's about it till classes start again on Tuesday. It's funny, but I'm a little ashamed of myself. All the students I've met can speak their own language, Japanese, and English (the latter two, to certain degrees). All I can speak is English and Japanese. It makes me feel a little pathetic, hehe. I know people say english is the language of commerce (or whatever), and maybe it's not such a big deal that they are studying english. I still think it's cool they took the time to learn so many different languages, and I think very highly of all the students for that. Language is power.

1 Comments:

  • At Sun Sep 18, 07:42:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Sounds like you are having fun and it must be fantastic making friends from all over the world. Maybe you could go for that basketball scholarship. One never knows. Stay beautiful.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home