Melissa's Jpop Report

Giving you the hook up on all things jpop related!

Thursday, September 15, 2005

Minna! Hisashiburi!

Ok, before you pick up your chairs to bash me over the head,I have an excuse for not communicating with anyone.  I don’t get internet in my room until we get our school IDs (that’s next week...I think o_0).  Also,I can’t get the international telephone in the lobby to work for some reason (even though I bought a calling card for it).  I don’t think anybody is getting that thing to work, so I couldn’t call. Me and the other foriegn students are at an internet cafe right now because we didn’t feel like waiting.(i have no way of spellchecking, so please ignore whatever awful spelling mistakes i make. Plus, I don't know what's up with the font.)

Yeah, k, so how’s it been you ask?  Well starting from the plane ride, it actually was quite fine. Easy breezy considering I’m use to pulling 16 hour shifts. And,mom, the row in the back of the plane was quite fine. I could lean my chair back as far as I wanted, and it was close to the bathroom. Only problem was this huge guy sat in front of me, so everytime he leaned back my knees got an imprint of the back of the chair. (o_0)  

Landing and getting through to the arrival lobby at Narita was ok, too. Even better was that when I got outside, I found out I already knew the Takushoku student who had come to meet me.  It was Reita! He was a foreign exchange student at my school last year. I met him when he came to my Japanese class to speak to us in Japanese (doomo arigatou, Nadayoshi-sensei!).  I recognized him right away when I saw him in the arrival lobby, and that made things easier. He helped me drop off my luggage at a courier who would deliver it to my dorm the next morning (so I didn’t have to carry those two huge cases on the train).  O, and that larger suitcase...it was so heavy...the people at the airport in America had put a warning label on it.

It was a 2 hour ride back to Takao station on the train, and a little bit of walking to the foriegn student’s dorm.  I got to meet Yokoyama san and his wife which was then I realized that I’m going to get LOADS of Japanese practice in. They don't speak english and neither does just about everyone else, lol! So anyway, I got to my room and slept for the rest of the night. (I think it was probably like 7pm) I randomly woke up at like midnight and went downstairs to search for the international phone, found everything was locked up, and stumbled back upstairs to bed.

Wednesday, I woke up at like 6am and went downstairs at 7am to use the phone. Mrs. Yokoyama explained I needed a calling card which I could find at the 7/11 (yep, they got them here, but no slurpees! T_T posers! ) I went out to the 7/11 which was near the Takao train station (i remembered the way from walking with Reita the night before. Plus, I have awesome navigational skills...was that someone laughing just now?) I bought a sandwhich, some cup o noodles, and asked the guy at the counter about the card. (amerika ni denwa o shitaindesu kedo kaado ga irimasu). He showed me what they had, and I bought one and went back to the dorm. I tried to use it, but the phone (as I said) didn't work. I went back up stairs, ate my breakfast, came back down and got my luggage (came at like 9something), unpacked a bit, then went back at like 9 something), unpacked a bit, then went back down at 10am to meet the other students in the lobby.

We went over and did some stuff in the international office. Stuff would include having the school rules explained to us, eating lunch, and signing some papers. Then the four of us exchange students (me, a guy from Eypet, a guy from Spain, and a girl from China) went out with Reita and Yukari san to shop and...er...do some legal stuff.

I'd go into more detail or go on to explaining about today, but my hour is almost up.
Lots of love to my family! Everything is going ok! I will write again hopefully soon!

p.s. Mom, I got the email from Kojima san.

2 Comments:

  • At Thu Sep 15, 03:32:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Okay The whole beginginging(big sp XD!) was in squares...and than some was in english which was really weird.

    Anyway i was so worried about you cause there was like no word of you being in Tokyo so I was like "I hope nothing happened" Mmhm.. and i did the stupidest thing XD! I tried calling your phone and than i remembered.."Baka..shes not in the united states anymore" Hehe ^_^; Yes i'm weird i know...Uhnn..I'm off...bai bai boo!

    ~Philly ~Kyah~

     
  • At Sat Sep 17, 10:39:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hi it's mom again -- Sorry about DAI and that your first day at school was not as much fun as we had hoped it would be. Good news about Reita, though. I was hoping you would meet at least one person you already knew.

    Hope your phone get's fixed soon. Unfortunately since international phones are not widespread in Japan, you probably cannot even walk to the street corner and fight with the locals to use their pay phone like Michelle used to do in Germany. Ah well ... Hopefully we will talk with you soon. If not, when you have your computer hooked up we will call you on your computer through net phone pc2pc. Meanwhile, hope classes are better on Monday. Love you, Mom

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home